1. God- There is one God who exists eternally in three distinct but equal persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God is unchangeable in his holiness, justice, wisdom and love. He is the almighty Creator; Saviour and Judge who sustains and governs all things according to his sovereign will for his own glory.
2. The Bible- God has revealed himself in the Bible, which consists of the Old and New Testaments alone. Every word was inspired by God through human authors, so that the Bible as originally given is in its entirety the Word of God, without error and fully reliable in fact and doctrine. The Bible alone speaks with final authority and is always sufficient for all matters of belief and practice.
3. Jesus Christ- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully god and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life in obedience to the Father. He taught with authority and all his words are true. On the cross he died in the place of sinners, bearing God's punishment for all their sin, redeeming them by his blood. He rose from the dead in his resurrection body ascended into heaven where he is exalted as Lord of all. He intercedes for his people in the presence of the Father.
4. The Holy Spirit- The Holy Spirit has been sent from heaven to glorify Christ and to apply his work of salvation. He convicts sinners, imparts spiritual life and gives a true understanding of the Scriptures. He indwells all believers, brings assurance of salvation and produces increasing likeness to Christ. He builds up the church and empowers its members for worship, service and mission.
5. The Human Race- All men and women, being created in the image of God, have inherent and equal dignity and worth. Their greatest purpose if to obey, worship and love God. As a result of the fall of our first parents, every aspect of human nature has been corrupted and all men and women are without spiritual life, guilty sinners and hostile to God. Every person is therefore under the just condemnation of God and needs to be born again, forgiven and reconciled to God in order to know and please him.
6. The Devil- The personality of the devil; his evil activity and final doom.
7. Salvation- Salvation is entirely a work of God's grace and cannot be earned or deserved. It has been accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ and is offered to all in the gospel. God in his love forgives sinners who he calls, granting them repentace and faith. All who believe in Christ are justified by faith alone, adopted into the family of God and receive eternal life.
8. The Church- The local church as a company of baptised believers gathered under the headship of Christ for worship, fellowship, instruction and evangelism; the ordinance of baptism and the Lord's Supper:
•Baptism being the immersion of believers on proffession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a symbol of their identification with Him in His death, burial and ressurection;
•The Lord’s Supper being a remembrance of Christ until He comes and a renewal of commitment to Him;
•The offices of elder and deacon; the gifts of evangelist and pastor-teacher; the priesthood of all believers and their unity in the Body of Christ; the seperation of church and state.
9. The Future- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in glory. He will raise the dead and judge the world in righteousness. The wicked will be sent to eternal punishment and the righteous will be welcomed into a life of eternal joy in fellowship with God. God will make all things new and will be glorified forever.
10. Christian Behaviour- The ressponsibility of all believers to obey and serve the Lord and to live self controlled, upright and godly lives, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
If you wish to read our full doctinal statement click on this link: Doctrinal Statement.